Accredited Parliamentarian Credential (AP)
who reside in the United States for their knowledge of parliamentary law.Accredited Parliamentarians are eligible to apply for the highest credential level, the
PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITED PARLIAMENTARIAN CREDENTIAL.
(Click on the Menu above for details.)
ADMINISTRATION OF THE ACCREDITED PARLIAMENTARIAN WRITTEN TEST
SAEP: Society for Agricultural Education Parliamentarians
AP: Accredited Parliamentarian
CDE: Career Development Event
2. The AP written test is provided by the SAEP Accreditation Committee.
3. AP test inquiries, registration and fees must be sent to the Accreditation Committee Chairman. All fees are non-refundable and paid by check to the SAEP:
SHANE DUNBAR firstname.lastname@example.org
Accreditation Committee Chairman
P.O. Box 13753
Mill Creek, WA 98082.
4. A score of at least 80% is required to be awarded the AP Certificate.
5. Personalized AP Certificates will be provided by the SAEP for each person who passes the AP test.
6. Anyone who passes the AP test will not receive a second certificate for passing it again.
7. A fee of $5.00 will be assessed for each person wishing to take a different AP test if they did not pass. Candidates must wait a minimum of 30 days before retaking the test. A $5.oo fee will also be assessed for replacement certificates.
8. All AP tests will use the same references and will consist of two parts:
PART I: Five (5) open book parliamentary procedure research questions using the 2011 edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised (to be provided by the taker of the test).
Thirty minutes are allowed for this part.
Example: List the page and beginning line number of the following statement: “Until the chair states the question, the maker has the right to modify his motion as he pleases or to withdraw it entirely.”
Answer: Page 40, Beginning line number: 8
PART II: Forty-five (45) multiple choice questions taken from Dunbar’s Manual of Parliamentary Test Questions and the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised.
One hour is allowed for this part.
Example: Which of the following motions can the Previous Question be applied to?
B. Limit or Extend Limits of Debate
C. Raise a Question of Privilege
D. Lay on the Table
LOCATIONS FOR TAKING THE ACCREDITED PARLIAMENTARIAN TEST
NATIONAL FFA ORGANIZATION CONVENTION
- A free AP test will be administered at the National FFA Convention as part of the Parliamentary Procedure CDE.
- Teachers, FFA members and others who are not on a CDE state team, may also take the AP test for the AP Certificate at the same time. Teachers will pay a fee of $5.00.
- Pre-registration for the AP test is not required.
- The AP test will not be the same as the test administered for State FFA Association Conventions and at other levels.
- An application form must be filled out by each participant.
- All completed applicaton forms and test scores must be submitted to the SAEP Accreditation Committee chairman.
- The accreditation committee will mail AP certificates to chapter advisors within one month of the CDE.
- The National FFA organiztion will make copies of the test.
STATE FFA ASSOCIATION CONVENTIONS AND PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE CAREER DEVELOPMENT EVENTS
- Registration must be started by contacting the Accreditation Committee Chairman at least 21 days before the AP test is administered.
- A $5.00 fee per student, must be sent to the SAEP Parliamentarian after the test is administered.
- The AP test will be emailed to the user for duplication.
- State associations must submit an application form for each student. Left click here for the form: SAEP-test-App.doc.
- The AP test must be proctored by a professional as listed on the application form. Contact the Accreditation Chairman for an alternative if this is not possible.
- State associations will correct the tests and send the results on the Application form to the SAEP Accreditation Chairman.
- Personalized AP certificates will be sent to the state parliamentary procedure CDE administrator or student advisors.
- The AP test will not be the same as the test administered for the National FFA Organization Convention CDE and at other levels.
ALL OTHER LOCATIONS (SECONDARY SCHOOLS, COLLEGES, ETC.)
- This group includes all others not completing the AP test at National and State FFA Conventions.
- Registration must be completed by submitting an application form for each student to the Accreditation
Committee Chairman at least 21 days before the AP test is administered. Left click here for the form: SAEP-test-App.doc.
- A $5.00 fee per student must be sent to the SAEP parliamentarian after the test is administered.
- The AP test will be emailed to the user for copying.
- The AP test must be proctored by a professional as listed on the application form. For secondary schools, a counselor is desired unless special permission is granted by the Accreditation Committee.
- Completed AP tests may be submitted to the Accreditation Committee Chairman for correcting or the user may correct them.
- Personalized AP Certificates will be sent to the instructor.
- The AP test will not be the same as the CDE test administered at FFA State and National Conventions.